Friday, August 17, 2007

Friday Five

I found a wonderful site with Friday Five questions...
Don't forget to hop on over there and check them out as well.

Five Questions then:

1) What were your after-school hours usually like when you were in high school?
Yikes, it's been a while... in the fall there was band. One day, at band camp?...
Otherwise, homework...friends? I must have had friends. LOL I don't remember.

2) What are the first moments like when you finally get home after a long day?
I'm a stay at home mom. I have the joy of not coming home to a loud, messed up, dinner half cooked household. LOL Poor DH!

3) Where do your thoughts normally turn after the December/January holidays have passed?
Definitely towards a couple of months of peaceful, quiet down time. I love those months between Christmas and Easter when no one goes out, holidays are scarce and kids go to school. I get alot of writing done! My first manuscript was started and completed in the months of March and April. =)

4) When did you last allow someone to cut in front of you in line?
I'm always letting people cut in front of me. I think it's a matter of Karma(did I spell that right?) or you could call it Points to Heaven depending on your belief... In the car and the grocery store are the most cutable places.

5) What are you going to do right after you finish answering these questions?
I'm heading over to my writing group Romance Divas so that they'll all come visit and leave their own comments on the Friday Five!

Thanks you guys over at Wordpress and Friday Five!

7 comments:

  1. Great questions, Morgan!

    1) My senior year, I'd race home to watch Thundercats and He-man! How shameful is that to admit? There was lots of band camp and practice in there too. There was also cooking dinner before my parents got home from work.

    2) I'm also a SAHM now. My day tends to end when dinner's on the table. Then it's someone else's turn to clean up! LOL.

    3) We have a lot of February and April birthdays, so the round of what do you get them next begins again. Also there's district break in Feb and Spring Break in April to plan for... And Cubs Scouts keeps us busy year round.

    4) I'm always letting people with just a few items cut in front of me in line at the store. Forget it in the car... when a lane's closed, I HATE those people who think they can get ahead of me by staying in it as long as possible. =P

    5) I need to go deal with a mountain of laundry =( There's a ton that needs sorted into the keep and give-away piles.

    See ya in a chat sometime soon! I'm so behind for today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1) senior year I worked at disneyland after school. It was fun.

    2) I work at home. It's kind of boring actually

    3) we have front loaded bdays in my family Mar-June. I wouldn't even know what to do with a fall bday

    4) I let people cut in front of me in the store. I won't let people cut in front of me on hte freeway if they're driving like morons

    5) back to divas. my home away from home

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. In the fall, I had tennis practice/match, maybe a halftime performance with the dance team during basketball session. Spring, softball practice or a game.

    2. I’m a stay at home mom too. The first moments when I finally get to think, drink, eat and use the bathroom without being stalked are marvelous and renew my spirit.

    3. I start counting the days down until school is out for summer. And I reassess my goals.

    4. The drop off line at the kids school.

    5. I’m going to burn up in the heat while my kids play outside. And write, of course. Oh, and have some ice cream.

    Great questions, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Waving to a fellow diva. It is less overwhelming then Thurs 13.

    Love your responses - mine is up at -
    http://flava.wordpress.com/2007/08/17/friday-five-after/

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1) What were your after-school hours usually like when you were in high school? I’d eat real quick and catch a soap, then off to work.

    2) What are the first moments like when you finally get home after a long day? Chaos. Kid, cat, husband all wanting my attention at once. But it’s kinda nice to be welcomed home like that.

    3) Where do your thoughts normally turn after the December/January holidays have passed? To spring. I’m ready for the gloom of winter to be over by then.

    4) When did you last allow someone to cut in front of you in line? Last week at Target. If people only have a few things and I have a lot, why make them wait?

    5) What are you going to do right after you finish answering these questions? Go to bed. Long day :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1. Ok, track or field hockey for sports, drama or chorus inside, committees, committees committees, and friends - oh, and sudden adventurs that got us home just in time for bed
    2. Ah, silence - the joys of living alone
    3. I love the recovery time after the GO GO GO, it makes you appreciate down time more
    4. I love to let people in front of me - especially in the grocery store - their 2 items to my 40 . . .but ok, maybe not at the Mass Pike Tolls
    5. Oh, FAST DRAFT BABY! - weekend pages to get caught up on. . .see ya tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1) What were your after-school hours usually like when you were in high school?
    Um...I don't think I should be telling stories like those in public domain.

    2) What are the first moments like when you finally get home after a long day?
    I come home to dinner on the table, courtesy of The Man, and hugs from The Boy.

    3) Where do your thoughts normally turn after the December/January holidays have passed?
    Going somewhere warm (Jan/Feb/Mar are the coldest months around here). This year we're thinking Disneyland.

    4) When did you last allow someone to cut in front of you in line?
    Hm, not sure. I let people in when I'm driving...does that count?

    5) What are you going to do right after you finish answering these questions?
    Get back to work

    ReplyDelete

Hi Friends! Comment moderation is on because of spam. But be assured, I'm online often and your comment won't go unnoticed for long.

...Down with Spammers! :D