Thursday, August 23, 2007


Thirteen Pen Names before Morgan St. John


1. Montana Grey, still my favorite alternative even if I don't write westerns.
2. Rose Matthews, a combo of children's names...
3. Bailey Morgan, apparently too modern or fadish. Besides, I like drinking Bailey's so I can only imagin someone calling me a getting a 'yes please!' in reply!
4. Dakota Morgan, Does it say stripper to you?
5. Cait(y) Madison, my sister is Kate...I don't think my DH would appreciate people walking around calling me that. Love the spelling though! and love the Madison.
6. Harley Matthews, okay...it is a little tiny bit too fadish, but it's like the me I'd love to have the balls to be.
7. Tracy Pearl - NO! I shiver just typing it and wonder how it ever got on the list!
8. Magnolia, no last name...now there's an idea.
9. Fiona Baker, I do love to bake and have considered opening a pie shop but that name on one of my books? Just isn't going to happen.
10. Magdalynne, I think I have a story started with this name as a character. Seems like the only reason is would end up on a pen name list. Like the name...but for characters only!
11. RoseLee Morgan, another family name combo, a little too southern for me. Not that I won't someday live in the south. It's just as likely as me living in the midwest or the west...or the north for that matter.
12. Morgan Matthews, PHEW, a mouthful.
13. finally, the WINNER, Morgan St. John - I really love this name. Family Combo and classy to boot.


Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. Holly's Cranberry Tarts 2. Stien and Andi 3. Seeley deBorn ...even though you've been MIA for weeks and don't have a TT up yet. 4. Amelia June 5. Soleil 6. FRIGGA 7. Sandra Ferguson 8. Jennifer Shirk 9. Gina Ardito 10. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



17 comments:

  1. Almost all of the names I came up with sounded like stripper names...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those were interesting...I think you made the right choice, though.

    Happy TT

    http://cranberrytarts.blogspot.com/2007/08/thursday-thirteen-13-favorite-songs.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehehe, this was funny! Great TT!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tough ones--I kind of like Montana Gray too, LOL

    Auto linkies can be found at blenza.com--I love them!

    Happy TT to you :D
    http://www.ameliajune.net/blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. i like fiona baker. magnolia is pretty. harley sounds like a rocker chick name. how did you ultimately decide on morgan st. john?

    http://jehara.blogspot.com/2007/08/today-i-shall-rhapsodize-about-how-much.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice.

    Morgan St. John DOES sound classy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep, you picked a winner! Though I do like #1 as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm quite attached to the name Morgan -- it's my daughter's name. Not a soul in our family (either side) has that name, I simply loved it. Wasn't it nice of my hubby to coop and give me a daughter so I could use it?

    Why did you go with a pen name? I'm always interested in folk's reasons.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I forgot my link.

    http://lone-star-meanderings.blogspot.com

    Thanks for adding me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Some of those I'm glad you didn't pick!

    Happy TT13 - mines up at http://anyapples.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL Morgan, I love Montana Grey too. And Rose Matthews is pretty:)But Morgan St. John rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This rocks! People on my blog? I guess they were right, go out and bring them in. That's the key.

    share and share a like...
    peas in a pod...
    one big happy family...

    ReplyDelete
  13. My TT is up!

    I'm back baby!!

    http://seeleydeborn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those pesky pen names. I think you made the right choice too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I definitely love the one you picked. Aren't pen names great? Kind of makes up for the crappy names some of us get stuck with in real life...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good list, they all have their pros and cons don't they. Way to go. My quotes by famous people.

    ReplyDelete
  17. so i just found you through seeley, so blame her if i bother you. i just had to comment about your B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L children! so cute so cute so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Hi Friends! Comment moderation is on because of spam. But be assured, I'm online often and your comment won't go unnoticed for long.

...Down with Spammers! :D