Thursday, September 27, 2007



Thirteen Traits of my Current Heroine,
Margaret Pennington.

1. Brown hair, brown eyes, freckles (just a smattering), five feet and five inches, Hippy – in that beautiful 1940’s pin up way. She’s independent and headstrong with a dash of temper thrown in.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

2. Grew up in upstate NY before moving to The City.

3. A father in theater and a Russian immigrant for a mother. One word, eccentric. They supported and encouraged her choice to work in a man’s world.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
...ARGH. I can't find an acceptable picture for her dad anywhere! Grrr.

4. Traveled the world between the ages of birth to twelve. By 8 she spoke 3 languages fluently. Can speak 5 languages now.

5. Earned a teaching degree at Columbia second to her studies in international relations.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

6. Worked as a translator at the Foreign Embassy in NYC.

7. Took a job in London in 1938 at a private school for girls. Part-timed at the American Embassy as a translator.

8. Meets Mark Danbury (the hero) in December 1940 at a dance hall He’s quiet and, she thinks, shy…

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
UH, a few good men, anyone?! So, sue me, I liked the movie too. I told you I was a romantic at heart!!

9. Boy, is she wrong!
10. She *uh* loses herself in new love. *wink* Showing a truly feminine side, everything else around her takes second place to this man and their budding relationship.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

11. Summer 1940, Hitler begins his assault on the military bases of Great Brittain… *laughing at the foolishness of youth* They marry in June one week after his proposal. One day before his departure.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And that, Good People…
is where the story really starts.
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!




34 comments:

  1. Oh, nice! I love it...what a lovely visual way to show your story!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds wonderful and different!

    I never can find pictures that suit me for my heroes and heroines, sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are making me feel like such a slacker for not knowing all this about my lead female character!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, you stopped at n° 11 where is the happy end n° 12 and 13 ?? Where the story has to start ! These bathing suits are much more sexy then the string bikinis !

    ReplyDelete
  5. well, robin, I had the hardest time finding a hero... still haven't actually as Mark is blonder and blue-eyed. that's why i've got pearl harber up there...can't go wrong.

    Lorelei, this was a great excercise for just that thing...I made half that stuff up as I went along! LOL

    Uh, number 12 and 13? I guess I figured with all the description in n.1 and both parents... I don't know. I just didn't feel like breaking it up and adding numbers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice!

    That's the second TT I've read this week that is about character backstory...

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is great, Morgan! I'm loving this premise... we do we get to read it?! =) I know, I know... keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. I love it. Very well done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a great idea for TT!

    Sounds really good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmmm the plot thickens and you stop :(
    Happy TT and good luck for your story!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great idea! :)
    It sounds like a wonderful story..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I love this. Great idea. Sounds like a good read. :D

    Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like a great story! And what a great pic of the heroine. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh wow. that's sounds great. :-) of course, now? i am dying to know what happens.

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh, and your name is morgan? how cool, cuz my name is morgan. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  16. She sounds fiesty!
    Well described!
    -Tara

    ReplyDelete
  17. Totally love your idea! I'm so doing this for my characters! Great list!

    *hugs*
    Paige

    My TT is at http://paigetylertheauthor.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice illustrations to telll the story come visit my Photo essay on Hands

    ReplyDelete
  19. great pic of the heroine and a nice way to get all that backstory out in the open. Good luck with the story!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sounds fascinating! With the setting of your story have you been watching the Ken Burns' documentary "The War" this week on PBS? It's excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You've got my interest!

    Sounds like a great story!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ooo that is a great list.
    It makes me already interested in the heroine, hero, and the story!
    nice TT

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great story, I really dig the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Miss Pennington sounds like quite the gal, I hope your hero is worthy of her and all her love!!!!

    I really enjoyed the visuals to go along with your descriptions.

    Thank you for visiting my site today and for the comment!

    ReplyDelete
  25. HEY - the 1st one has EIGHT! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love the name you picked out. Great idea for a TT.

    ReplyDelete
  27. This was a very intriguing TT. Your heroine reminds me of actress Jeanne Crain.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love researching my characters. Thanks for the inspiration.
    Happy T13!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Intresting list. One thing: The German assault on British airfields started in the summer of 1940, not 1941. It lasted till September, then the Germans began to bomb cities.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thank you Nicholas... I used eyewitnesshistory.com and look at that!....

    it even says 1940 in my notes.

    I appreciate it and hopefully would have caught that before submitting, LOL.

    ReplyDelete

Hi Friends! Comment moderation is on because of spam. But be assured, I'm online often and your comment won't go unnoticed for long.

...Down with Spammers! :D