Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Gaining One Pound

...really sucks.

But after Turkey Bird week, I'm pretty happy to have gained ONLY one pound. :-)

...I think the week after Thanksgiving is kind of like New Year's Day. With Motivation to make the extra effort and run, run very, very far.

...just like the deer are doing in Ohio now that it's gun season.
In the same way, my writing goals are in the forefront. I want to complete 50,000 words by the time I move. That could be just over a month from now or as long as 3 months. I think it's a reasonable goal. I'll apply it with at least 30 minutes a day at the computer during the week and at least 60 minutes a day on the weekends. Perseverance will be key.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

SO, what are you doing now that the FIRST holiday is over? Will it prepare you for the coming holiday? Share your goals with me!!!! and have a great week.

2 comments:

  1. My goal at the moment is to write everyone who commented on that fake nutrition and wellness blog. They spammed me twice today alone with the same old stale copy, which as a writer, really offends me.
    Whenever I make myself write it doesn't happen, I guess I need deadlines. I think blogging really helps and maybe that's why so many writers have them.
    I'm also trying to lose two pounds a week and since I'm so fat as well as bad at math I don't really know what that means.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, in answer to your question, I saw you left a comment in good faith on a blog constructed for the sole purpose of solicitation, which burns me. And from the little I read, it was a load. If you look at the blog, there are few entries and this person has left the exact same comment over and over again. If you look at the comments (before they're deleted) you will notice people saying things such as:

    Jen said...
    You commented on my blog witout reading it. If you had read even the single post you commented on, you'd know I don't go in for this sort of woo-woo. Check out www.randi.org for info on spotting bs-feel-good crapola.

    November 28, 2007 11:17 AM

    Who ever s.j. simon is (fake name) I've been spammed twice today already by s.j.
    Word verification doesn't stop everyone, and as far as moderation, I've just now turned mine on.

    ReplyDelete

Hi Friends! Comment moderation is on because of spam. But be assured, I'm online often and your comment won't go unnoticed for long.

...Down with Spammers! :D