Saturday, January 5, 2008

Steeped in Reality

Have you ever heard that romance writers, they must live in some fantasy world? Perhaps they aren't connected to real life like the rest of the world? Love doesn't exist as sweet and pure as a romance writer portrays?

*gasp* What? You mean prince charming isn't going to ride in on his horse and save me with his everlasting love? *rzzz* Well, of course NOT! And who better to tell you this than a writer of romance... married to prince charming?

Prince Charming, who annoys the beezzles out of me at least three or four times a day.

In my love, I can turn to him and honestly, no GRATEFULLY say, "You are the reason I can read romance novels but still keep two feet on the ground."

He chuckles and says, "Why, thank you Clark!"

[please tell me you get that!!]

christmas vacation

5 comments:

  1. is it a reference to Lois Lane?
    I'm the dork a non-writer so ignore me that I don't get it LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lois Lane? No, lol. If I'm not mistaken that's a Clark Griswold reference.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get. One of my fav movies.

    The love that exists in our homes is fiction to other people. To call my husband's family dysfunctional is an understatement. When we first married, he didn't believe that my family really cared about one another as much as it seemed. Not that we are perfect by any means.

    But my man is the love of my life. He is everything that I didn't even know I wanted. And there might be some people out there who want to puke at that statement, but your just jealous :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ditto, Lia. My husband is scared of my family because we actually hug and say "I love you." When I write my husband is both hero and villian. He annoys me to the point that I threaten to cut his pony tail off (it's about four feet long), but he can also make me laugh faster than anyone I've ever met.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,

    I came over from Diva, and sorry I get the reference unless it's fro Lois and Clark?

    Janice~

    ReplyDelete

Hi Friends! Comment moderation is on because of spam. But be assured, I'm online often and your comment won't go unnoticed for long.

...Down with Spammers! :D