Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Writing at Work

I write at work. *Gasp*
My job is taking care of four children, their home and their father.

Right now, I've been working overtime.

The youngest has been up at night. I've been getting calls at 1 am or 3 am. Occasionally, the call will come before midnight even occurs and I'll be ticked that I haven't forced myself to bed. And perhaps it is my fault. I should go to bed instead of sit here thinking just one more page of edits is worth it. :)

Tonight I'll head to bed early with hopes that i'll be sleeping when my alarm rings at 6am.

Because, wouldn't it be nice to get some writing in before I have to go to work at 7am? I don't think it would matter, though. I'd still steal a few moments here and there to jot down a few thoughts or add that scene that's been stuck in my head.

I guess I'm lucky that I'm a stay-at-home-mom.
:D


4 comments:

  1. I know the feeling - wanting to go to bed but really wanting to get another page of writing/editing done, too.

    Hope you got to sleep through till 6! I got up at 5 this morning and wrote over 1300 words. That sent me off to work with a smile on my face! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 4am. Not bad, though, as I went to bed at 9pm. :D Maybe today, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always stay up later then I mean too. Just last night my husband and I were up till 1 AM and we wanted to head to bed around 11:30

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are so lucky, Morgan! It's hard to find time for myself sometimes, but that's because I always seem to put my needs last in the house. That's changed and I try to get some things done for me before everyone else stirs on the weekends and I'm loving the large block of time in the middle of the day now.

    Oh... and *tag* You're it!

    ReplyDelete

Hi Friends! Comment moderation is on because of spam. But be assured, I'm online often and your comment won't go unnoticed for long.

...Down with Spammers! :D