Monday, June 30, 2008

Loving the Internet

I'm so thrilled about this story I'm writing...rewriting...revising. Whatever you want to call it. I've learned so much about history in Europe, about World War Two.

Better than the learning? I've met so many wonderful people online! It's so true that the internet has made our world small. With a click and a few typed lines, I can chat with someone across the ocean. I can learn more about the world around me.

I'm so excited because today, Fr. Sean from Edmonton Parish in England replied to my request for more information on the history of his church. Yay! What a wonderful write up.

Several weeks ago, I contacted an Edelwiess grower in Canada. He was a friendly sort, too. :D

I may have to do more of this research thing...

4 comments:

  1. It's amazing how you can find people that are so willing to help and share their history.

    And yet, I find that I am still floored by the amount of information readily availble in the people I know through extended family and such. Like my sister-in-laws in-laws (god that sounds funny) are natives from Ireland... need to stop by their place soon for a little research.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The internet makes the research process so easy...it barely feels like work. :)

    I saw a documentary on History International yesterday about secret government bunkers and tunnels of WWII...I thought of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,

    I'm glad your having a good time doing your research.

    Janice~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it exciting when you find willing helpers? I found a Marine stationed somewhere overseas last fall, who was more than willing to answer my questions (as much as she could) and then an engineering company who passed my list of questions onto a couple different people, who could best help me. As a matter of fact, one of the engineers emailed me two weeks ago just to see how the book was coming along. I didn't have the heart to say that I'd scrapped it, though. LOL

    As snarky as people can be sometimes, it's soooo great when they're nice and agreeable. Of course, you're a sweetie and I'm sure they could tell that by your requests. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi Friends! Comment moderation is on because of spam. But be assured, I'm online often and your comment won't go unnoticed for long.

...Down with Spammers! :D