Friday, September 19, 2008

A Small Business

Well, this has been a week.

I received two critiques this week that left me undeniably drained. I've made some good revisions, at the same time pushing back this wall of despair.

Will this never be done????

Today, my Microsoft Office 97 pooped out on me. I've been receiving pretty regular window messages, restarts all on account of my outdated program, but i've held out hope that it would last...at least long enough to get me published. LMAO. Sorry, uh, anyway...

For me, writing is part of who I am.

At the same time, I like to think of my writing as a small business. My goal is to take something I love and make some money doing it. Isn't that what most businesses are about?

Yet, like most start up companies, I'm looking for an investor.
Anyone interested in investing in the next NYT and USA Today's bestselling author???
:D LMAO No seriously. I'm just kidding. Still, the thought is there.

I NEED MICROSOFT OFFICE!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Hmmm... thinking about your writing as a business is a smart way to approach it, as long as you can do that without sucking the life out of it. That's a post for another day... or maybe today.

    Anywho, I will have to see if there is anything I can do to help you out. I'll keep you posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really feel yout pain. When my MS Word pooped out on me earlier this year I wanted to die! I wish I could help but I can't. *Sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the MS word student package for '07. Its okay but I like the earlier one I had on our big computer. I think it might have been 200, but I can't remember, but it had a working dictionary on it.

    Its good think think of your writing as a buiness, but it can only work that way after your published.

    Good luck.
    Janice~

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys are awesome. thanks for stopping in. Good point Jan. Get published. :D

    ReplyDelete

Hi Friends! Comment moderation is on because of spam. But be assured, I'm online often and your comment won't go unnoticed for long.

...Down with Spammers! :D