Monday, October 13, 2008

Monday Night Goalposts

Just a quickie, cuz I'm feeling a little behind... ;)

Oh wow. I just went in search of my last Goalpost...is was THREE weeks ago!
Last[three weeks ago] Goalpost:
1) Finish Chapter one revisions, again. No problem. -- I was in the midst of a layering revision, into chapter four when I was interrupted by the critiques, sooo I'm trying to remember exactly what it was I was layering in. Maybe I'll remember. -- No such luck. That's okay. If you've kept up over the last couple of weeks, you'd know that I'm through with crazy critiquing. Overwhelmed and not appreciating my own writing style, I almost ruined a fine sample of manuscript by over-changing it. If you're a writer, you've heard of what happens when you do one too many revisions...

2) Do a critique or two. -- I've done several in the past couple of weeks...and i'll continue doing them. They keep my skills sharp. ;-)

3) Finish reading The Road and Natural Born Charmer. -- Both DONE! and very satisfying. My review for Natural Born Charmer is over at www.girlsonbooks.com.

An exciting thing happened to me this week. I joined Passionate Critters. I had been desperately seeking a smaller critique group that I could invest my time in...and have others invest their time in me, and getting to know me. After this last critique fiasco, I knew I needed people who I could know on a more personal level than say...anonymous. I'm very hopeful about this group. I've been there only a day, but already I feel like one of the girls.

This week in GOALPOSTS:
1)Finish a few critiques and finish a beta read I started this past weekend--i'm really enjoying myself on this one!

2)Do final precrit revisions for chapter 3,4,5.... just keep working, basically.

3) Read Confessions of a Master Jewel Thief.
~I was so mad when I got to the doctor's office today and didn't have this book with me... A lost opportunity, for sure. :(

7 comments:

  1. Hi,

    Good luck with all your goals, they seem to be good ones.

    I'm a member of a critic group, but it sort died. The members drifted off.

    Janice~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, we all think you fit with us at PC just great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a Halloween Treat for you on my Wednesday blog..just scroll down a bit!

    Happy day to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the goals - we're happy to have you at PC, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey good luck with those goals! I also loved Natural Born Charmer, but then again I am a huge SEP fan.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, since I guess I should post my goals huh? You started doing it so we could be accountable... I failed miserably.

    So don't feel too bad about the three week deal. Um I think I'm at months now...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes! Your blog is great, and I know something about the night elves, they are the race I WOW power leveling when I get my first account:The reclusive Night Elves power leveling[ were the first race to awaken in the World of Warcraft Power Leveling. These shadowy, immortal beings were the first to study magic and let it loose throughout the world nearly ten thousand years before Warcraft I. The Night Elves' reckless use of magic drew the Burning Legion into the world and led to a catastrophic war between the two titanic races. The Night Elves barely managed to banish the Legion from the world, but their wondrous homeland was shattered and drowned by the sea. I love this race and suggested everyone that start their WOW power leveling a rogue or druidof night elf

    ReplyDelete

Hi Friends! Comment moderation is on because of spam. But be assured, I'm online often and your comment won't go unnoticed for long.

...Down with Spammers! :D