Thursday, May 21, 2009

Deja Vu

Do you ever get that? I do--occasionally. I'm having it right now.
Just over a year ago, my husband finished up a months long search for a job, and we moved to our home in Illinois.

Now, he's laid off, and we're back in the saddle again, looking for a job and [most likely] a new place to live. We have an adventurous spirit, which is a good thing, apparently. We both see this situation with a bright side... and part of us looks forward to something new. Not that we wouldn't rather be settled permanently. We would, but we haven't found that special spot yet, either. So, we plunge into this new venture--wary, yet excited.

PS I got that LAPTOP!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU PATTI! Patti from Romance Divas sent me her old laptop. I can now write on the move. Want to go to the library kids? Let's go! How about the park? Why not?! I'm right there with you. :D Long trips in the car? *sigh* Amazingly enough, I feel blessed.

My husband is happy for the first time in months. I have a laptop, and there's a whole new world out there just ready to explore. What about you? What are you going to get excited about this summer?

Thanks for stopping by.
Love,
Bethanne

7 comments:

  1. sorry to hear about your husband's job, but sounds like he's happier without it :) My husband and I have moved around a lot - I actually like starting off someplace new every now and then. It can be fun :) Good luck with everything, and congrats on the laptop!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Michelle. I agree. Starting new can be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited for you. I so thankful for your cheerful spirit :)
    Ain't nobody happy when mama ain't happy. Right?
    Exciting times!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you guys need to adventure yourselves right on down to Oklahoma. We've got an empty building just waiting for a specialty handmade furniture shop:) I might even be able to convince the owner to make the rent REALLY cheap.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry about the layoff, and I hope you both find something soon you really like.

    Janice~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah - that's awesome on the laptop! Just don't forget to bring the charger with you when you're out on the move - I learned that quickly with my own laptop;P

    My husband and I are in a similar way too with not having found that perfect spot to settle down yet, we are always kind of ready to pack our bags and move if it's a good opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry to hear that your husband got laid off. It's good you both do have an adventurous spirit, that helps a lot to deal with difficulties.
    Congrats on being a new owner of a laptop. I sometimes wish I had one but for now I'll just have to deal with the desk one.

    ReplyDelete

Hi Friends! Comment moderation is on because of spam. But be assured, I'm online often and your comment won't go unnoticed for long.

...Down with Spammers! :D