Monday, January 4, 2010

Christmas--officially over

I celebrated Little Christmas, The Epiphany... the twelfth day, whatever you want to call it on Sunday. I knew with school back in session, it would be better to have my tree down over the weekend, so Saturday morning while the kids sat around playing games, I meticulously undressed the tree[okay, I pulled stuff off and put it in plastic Walmart bags according to fragility]. I leave the ribbons on as a sacrifice... for the coming year and our next Christmas tree. May it have a straight trunk.

I was looking forward to that empty space because I wanted to pull out the card table and do a jigsaw puzzle. My hubby and I have a collection of framed puzzles that we've done over the years. We haven't completed one in at least two years. So, that will be a GREAT winter activity! Alas, guess what finally came out of the living room this morning?

The Christmas Tree!

Haha. Oh well. It's out now.... I vacuumed and have my card table all ready to go. I'll start tonight while I watch a new episode of Castle.

Speaking of Castle. I got his book for christmas!!! My cousin must have done some chatting with my sister. I think it's my favorite present of all. I love the show!!! [and as a tribute to Monday Reviews...] The book is alright. I would love to know who actually wrote it. Richard Castle aka Nathan Fillion from the ABC show is obviously not the writer...or, maybe he is? It's a fun idea, having a book written by a TV character that is actually sold in bookstores. When it came out in November [or October, can't remember], I was pretty psyched about it. So, THANK YOU Rob Elmen!!! You're the best cousin gift figure outer of all!
Great week to everyone,
With love,
Bethanne

1 comment:

  1. We didn't have our tree up that long this year because of the move, but I was sooooo glad to get it out of here. Have fun with the puzzle! Kris and I love doing them and haven't in awhile now.

    ReplyDelete

Hi Friends! Comment moderation is on because of spam. But be assured, I'm online often and your comment won't go unnoticed for long.

...Down with Spammers! :D