Saturday, October 30, 2010

Are you Proud?

I sent an informative message out to several of my crit partners, because after asking for crits for a synopsis, I ended up submitting what I had sans critique. I didn't intentionally disregard the fact that I probably needed a good crit/read-thru, but I did run out of time. I'm having a baby soon, and I just had the urge to clear my desk of all works in progress.

Not wanting anyone to waste their time on something I wouldn't be using right away, I sent out the notice.

And I received a lovely note from one of my critters. One that honored me and praised me for getting through the work and subbing amidst all the Real Life stuff I have going on. It was nice and, of course, a little embarrassing. I certainly wasn't tooting my own horn or begging a compliment. [not that she thought that, either!]

She said, Don't be embarrassed.
Be PROUD!

And you know what?
I am!
I am so proud of myself for getting that submission in. :D
It might fail completely, but I worked hard to get it polished and ready to submit, so even if it gets a big R, I guess I do deserve a little pat on the back after all.

Thanks for hanging with me all these months!
Looking forward to baby in 3 DAYS!!! Hugs and have a great start to November.
With Love,
Bethanne

2 comments:

  1. I'm proud of you too and love how even Thomas wants to write me stories when I'm there. Great work writing and parenting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm proud of you too! Even Thomas writes me stories when I'm there. Good writing and parenting!

    ReplyDelete

Hi Friends! Comment moderation is on because of spam. But be assured, I'm online often and your comment won't go unnoticed for long.

...Down with Spammers! :D