Friday, January 7, 2011

Friday Five

Five Crappy Carb-filled Breakfasts I can't find just as easy replacements for:

1. Cereal -- Not even Special K is really that good for you.

2. Muffin Bread -- my son's name for sweet breads--banana, zuchini.

3. The quick Donut -- so easy when time is short.

4.  Breakfast Bar -- even easier than the donut on some days, but just as carb-filled and worthless.

5. Coffee -- there will never be a replacement for this, nor do I need one.  But just having coffee doesn't work either!!!

I NEED GOOD BREAKFAST FOOD!!  What do you do for breakfast?? 

Thanks to iFood and Dunkin Donuts for the Donut image

For other FRIDAY FIVES visit my lovely Passionate Critters:
Moira
Gina
Debora
Harper

If you'd like to join in, leave your link in the comments and we'll add you to the list.

6 comments:

  1. Wait...coffee has carbs?!
    I do coffee every day and yogurt. Or, when I'm home, I opt for oatmeal--not the instant crap: rough-cut Irish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh lord, I am no help here. I can't even begin to tell you what to eat for breakfast. I live off coffee most mornings! And thanks for the pic, I'm not much of a donut eater, yet my mouth is salivating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I biuy Light and Fit yogurt, but, it leaves me hungry. I use it as a 'craving ice cream' replacement in the evening!

    I eat 1-2 fresh eggs each day-- usually poached or hard boiled.

    I feel SO much better when I eat those in the morning..

    and yes, I eat a piece (or 2) of toast with it. One, if I am watching the carbs.

    And, now that I have a Keurig.. at LEAST 2 cups of coffee! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, I'm bad the donuts are making me drool.

    Janice~

    ReplyDelete
  5. protein shake - good and good for you, if you find the right protein that is! Of course must be followed by coffee... always coffee.

    ReplyDelete

Hi Friends! Comment moderation is on because of spam. But be assured, I'm online often and your comment won't go unnoticed for long.

...Down with Spammers! :D