Friday, March 11, 2011

Army Strong

I thought I knew what Army Strong meant. Look at me. I'd gone a whole month with my husband gone and I hadn't really cried once. I was strong. I was ready for this new life. My husband and I, we were so closely bonded the miles didn't even matter. I had this great community to lean on--family, neighbors, church. I was praying every day. My foundation was solid and I was ready for the next twenty years.

Or so I thought.

In one sharp instant of disappointment and pain, I was struck down from my high horse and, looking up from my back, saw what I had been missing. God [and a dose of humility, too]. Cut off from [almost] everything I thought was making me strong, I cried like a freaking wimp who could never possibly make it in this Army lifestyle.

The lesson? It's lent. Expect trials. Know that you can ALWAYS be closer to God.

9 comments:

  1. Have faith Bethanne! You are stronger than you give yourself credit for lady. Hugs to you and the nieces and nephews!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You ARE strong, your faith is strong and you've got a wonderful family behind you. Hang in there girlfriend - you'll be okay! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just recently started follow your blog, but I already love it. Keep faith that everything will be alright and stay strong.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love you Bethanne! Praying for you often! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are doing great, and lots of people are praying for you..
    but, don't be afraid to ask for help when you need it!!
    Boy, do I wish you were next door!

    I love ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have such GREAT friends. :D Thanks for the encouragement and the LOVE.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just want to thank you. I truly think those who serve in the military and their families are unsung heroes.
    You and your family are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Dawne.
    Your thoughts and prayers mean a lot to me.

    ReplyDelete

Hi Friends! Comment moderation is on because of spam. But be assured, I'm online often and your comment won't go unnoticed for long.

...Down with Spammers! :D