Monday, June 13, 2011

Promises to Myself and Saltine Crackers

So, I promised myself I would only spend a certain amount of money on food this pay period... and I pinky swore I wouldn't go back to the store before the 15th. :P  Don't worry, we aren't starving, we're just actually eating through all the food we have in the house!  I mean, why is it that food gets eaten, but there's always those items still in my cabinet from week to week? Why did I buy it in the first place if no one is going to eat it? Well, we're eating it this week! LOL

This morning when my son woke up and puked, I thought, "Oh crap. I don't have any saltines left."

So, after getting the bed cleaned up and setting him up in the living room on the towel throne, I made Saltine Crackers. They're a hit! It was an easy task and worth it!...for now. I do like the convenience of packaging from the store.

So, tell me. What's the most interesting thing you've done in order to save a few dollars?

2 comments:

  1. Howe the heck do you make saltine crackers???

    As a one income family, saving money on groceries is a huge necessity. I am always doing anything I can to save a few bucks. most are normal means though...lots of coupons, shopping at Aldi's, store brands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephanie! I do Aldi as well. So much cheaper. The crackers...not sure about how much cheaper they are to make. Saltine's are pretty darn cheap! But it was fun. :D Made me feel good about myself.

    ReplyDelete

Hi Friends! Comment moderation is on because of spam. But be assured, I'm online often and your comment won't go unnoticed for long.

...Down with Spammers! :D