Saturday, October 15, 2011

Dresser or Closet?

It occured to me recently--after spending some time fretting over where I was going to put everyone's clothing--that I am not an avid closet space user. Hanging clothes? Forget about it. It doesn't really occur to me to hang things up. In 12 years of marriage I have continued to stuff more and more clothes into drawers.

Until now. It hit me during this recent relocation, HANG THE CLOTHES.

Simple solution. It's just a matter of figuring out what fits in the drawers... shirts? pants? casual?
And what's easier to hang, pants? Shirts? Honestly, I even put my bras in the closet after this revelation. I've been mashing my bras for years in order to fit them in a little underwear draw.

No more!

In our new house, we have nice closet space and I am utilizing it, fully. Totally.
Photo found on Creative Jewish Mom

I'm even excited about it a little because I color coded the hangers. :D
Turquoise for Virginia.
Black for Little Matt.
Blue for Thomas and Sean.
Big Matt has Army bought wire hangers--YICK.
and I have the hodge podge of hangers we've collected over the last 12 years.

So tell me, what are you?
A closet person or a dresser person?

3 comments:

  1. Bethaney I think your right on tract. You go girl
    Colette bipigis-doggietalk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hang shirt, pants and sweaters. Also my PJ's get hung up. In the drawers are underwear and bras. Bottom drawer are my shorts since they don't get used much.

    Janice~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use both.

    Closet: Shirts, pants, skirts and sweatshirts are hung up, while sweaters are folded (hangers can pull them out of shape) and placed on shelf of a standing closet organizer.

    Dresser: Pretty much everything else - "delicates," socks, pajamas, shorts/tanks in summer, tutlenecks in winter.

    ReplyDelete

Hi Friends! Comment moderation is on because of spam. But be assured, I'm online often and your comment won't go unnoticed for long.

...Down with Spammers! :D