Sunday, March 11, 2012

Sunday Summations

Long week of not much done.
My Friday Five lines pretty much covered my progress in my WIP.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I've been unsatisfied with myself.
It doesn't help that the first book I've read in months is a Nonfiction book called Guidance to Heaven. Don't get me wrong, it's a GREAT book. I'm enjoying it! But that's what's so strange...

Me, and nonfiction?

[stunned silence]

I know! It's crazy. I'm determined this week to finish this story, though. Because, even if I want to shake things up, go in a new direction, I just can't do that with an unfinished project on my desk. It goes against the grain. I have this story in my head, I just need to get it onto that white screen. Closure. Then start something new.

Now, that's ambitious of me! Finish a project this week?!
It's as ambitious as telling myself I'm going to go to the park every morning this week to do the exercise trail.
I did that, too.

Should be an interesting week with lots to report next Sunday.


4 comments:

  1. Hey! I love reading books, but the genre I read the least is Non-Fiction. It's always shocking when Non-Fiction books hook you in just as much as fiction ones.

    Good luck with finishing your story!

    ~Zabrinah
    [your everyday girl,
    writing about guys]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having spent countless hours reading computer / data processing manuals and books, I can't honestly say where I went in the other direction and started writing poetry and fiction. Maybe my brain needed a break and decided to do a U-turn.

    Anyway, don't worry about the occasional non-fiction title slipping in there. It's just a phase, you'll grow out of it.

    Just let us know where to find your stories when you're done.

    As a side note, I can't even read your "free read" Letters From Home on my super-secure work computer - the network folks block it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! That's crazy! There isn't even a swear word in that story... I don't think. LOL :D It's just a google document, really. Maybe I should check my settings.

      I do think I'll grow out of it...
      I can't imagine not reading fiction. That's just so sad!
      :D

      Delete

Hi Friends! Comment moderation is on because of spam. But be assured, I'm online often and your comment won't go unnoticed for long.

...Down with Spammers! :D