Saturday, April 7, 2012

Killer CheeseCake

video

Killer Cheese Cake -- [ignore the way I sound on video...LOL]

from the internet, allrecipes...with a few minor adjustments of my own. 
So easy to make!!

Couple packages of Philadelphia
about 2/3 cup of Sugar
2 eggs
and vanilla.

I ended up adding heavy whipping cream to that because there was no way to pour it. As a matter of fact, I still couldn't pour it and had to use a spatula to spread it out. 

There's a topping as well. AFter the cake cools completely [about 2 hours]
about 10 oz. sour cream, sugar and vanilla
poured over the top and baked again for about 10 minutes.

Can't wait to eat this tomorrow. :D
I'll post pictures again later. 
Have a beautiful Saturday.

With Love,
Bethanne

6 comments:

  1. I'm making cheesecake today as well-- using sour cream, cream cheese, a little flour, and some rosewater and vanilla to flavor it. If only it didn't take so long to chill!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Everyone is very disappointed that we're waiting until tomorrow to eat it... oh well, that's Easter for you. Wait, wait, wait. haha.

      Delete
  2. Hey.......is this Mom's recipe? If so, it may have been too thick b/c it should be 3 pkgs cream cheese, 5 eggs, 1 c.sugar, 1 1/3 tsp vanilla and 1 tsp lemon juice. If you only used 2 eggs, it would be super thick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not mom's.
      The recipe calls for 3 pckgs and 3 eggs, 1cup sugar and vanilla. but it also called for an 8x12 dish. I took off a third and made it in a round pan. Worked out nicely, and I think the cream added a nice flavor. Can't wait for tomorrow!

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh, I hate it when dessert recipes don't work out so well and I have to add heavy whipping cream... haha! Super awesome. Hope it tasted great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. I know how much you would hate that....
      This cake was good yet a little dry. Next time I will add 3 eggs for 2 packages of cream cheese and see if that doesn't keep it moist and a little lighter. This one had that crumble effect. Not bad!!! Still very good and tasty. But texture counts too. I also need a spring-form pan, which is on my birthday list... or mother's day if people really want cheese cake sooner. LOL :D

      Delete

Hi Friends! Comment moderation is on because of spam. But be assured, I'm online often and your comment won't go unnoticed for long.

...Down with Spammers! :D