Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Count Down Day 2 with Ava Delany


Today I've got a fellow [and new] Passionate Critter, Ava Delany. I'm especially glad to share her story because...I don't know it yet! :D Thanks for being here, Ava.

My First Release
I remember the excitement I felt on the day my first book, a flirt called The Soldier's Return, came out. I was a bit overzealous. I scheduled a blogtour and a chat starting that night. My hubby took me out to lunch at a nice restaurant, and when I got home, I tweeted, blogged, yelled, screamed, and jumped around like a nut. Someone out there liked my novel enough to publish it. Readers had the chance to buy, read, and hopefully love it. Life was sweet.
A few days later, I wondered if I would experience that level of wonder with every sale and release. After all these years, I shout an emphatic "yes!" because I still enjoy release day. I still tweet, blog, yell, and scream. The only difference is that I tend to plan my blogtour for the month after release. I used to plan it for the week of release, but I noticed that some venues take longer to put the book up, and I want everyone to be able to find the book during my tour. Waiting the extra time allows me to ensure the book is available in as many places as possible.
For example, my newest release, Dark Daze, will be available on June 18th, but I've scheduled my blogtour for July. Please stop by my website to check out the schedule and links for my blog tour. http://avadelany.webs.com/findmefreetoys.htm
Dark Daze is a paranormal romance novel about danger and love after a time of change. The end of days. The end of the Mayan calendar.

On Dec 21, 2012, at 2:12pm, the sky went dark all over the world, and people's lives changed in ways they feared to admit. Thousands died in accidents while others claimed to have seen demons and found themselves locked up in their local psychiatric ward. Scientists explained away the phenomenon, and things seemed to return to normal.
After a decade of trying to conceal a power she never expected or wanted, Brie Duval was used to being alone. When life—or more appropriately, a meddling friend, sends her on a blind date with Ian Connors, she discovers she wasn't the only person to gain powers that day.
They find themselves falling in love while on the run from a creature with eyes that suck in light and a force that controls their wills, but Brie can't help but fear their love is a side effect of the menace. In order to survive, they must put aside their fears and embrace the gifts they've fought so hard to deny.


Thank you for having me,
Ava Delany
http://www.amazon.com/Ava-Delany/e/B004QXQW0Y/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_1
AvaDelany.webs.com
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/avadelany
Friend me on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/avadelany

6 comments:

  1. What a great feeling that might be! And soon it'll be your experience posted in here. :)
    And seriously I'd really like to read it... It's almost coming out! :)
    Will it be available in Europe?
    I hope you can post some pictures later... And if possible, I'd like to buy a copy of your book :D
    (And would love if it was autographed!)

    Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard of that happening with smaller, mismanaged epublishers. Missed dates, books not up on all the main seller sights... I've enjoyed the Indie process because I'm in control. As long as I stay on the ball--which I've done--my book will be up on Friday. :D AMazon, BN and smashwords. Smashwords will take it to Sony and ibooks and whatever else. That's where the delay will come in, but most people buy from BN and Amazon, so I'm not worried about that. Just got to be organized!

    Have fun with your release, Ava! That would have been neat to release it on DEcember 12! LOL But that would suck if the world actually did end. :P Then you'd get no sales. :D Thanks for blogging here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so true. I don't think an author ever gets over a new sale. :)
    Congrats on your upcoming release!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful that you're still yelling and screaming! Good luck with the new release, Ava - hope you have fabulous sales!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful that you're still yelling and screaming! Good luck with the new release, Ava - hope you have fabulous sales!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! Wow, that must feel awesome. I can't wait to feel that way. Right now I'm querying literary agents to represent my new book, but no luck yet. Well, thank you for sharing your success. It has lifted my spirits some. :)
    Respectfully,
    Joy Johnson
    http://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/JoyJohnson

    ReplyDelete

Hi Friends! Comment moderation is on because of spam. But be assured, I'm online often and your comment won't go unnoticed for long.

...Down with Spammers! :D