Sunday, September 2, 2012

Sunday Summation

Working on my motivation levels...
right now, that includes cleaning house, unpacking and organizing.
Losing the work from the last several weeks has been harder than I expected.
Even thinking about recreating has me in a bit of a rut.
I'm seriously considering driving over to the Colorado University Computer Department and seeing if there's a techie who wants to "practice" retrieving data. My Aunt Laurie suggested it... and it's looking more and more appealing with each passing day.

Now, I'm off to paint my daughter's fingernails.
Lord, help me learn to either let go or have a good deal more patience.
With Love,
Bethanne

PS this post is dedicated to my husband who often gives up his own comfort and needs for those of his family. He is a wonderful man, loving father, and selfless husband. Love you Matt.

5 comments:

  1. Any luck with the data retrieval yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NOthing yet. I got a reply from the CS department...they don't do that. please contact a HD repair store. LOL :D very polite. Possibly annoyed. It was worth a shot. I'm looking at data recovery stores now.

      at this point, i'm working on gathering courage to press on and recreate. :( :P

      Delete
    2. just talked to the data recovery store. i could send it in... but I'm not hopeful for getting it done at a reasonable price. Thinking it would be better to focus on getting to work. I wonder if hypnosis would work for retrieving previously created data from my brain?! hey! there's an idea.

      Delete
    3. I'm a little surprised that the computer science dept. didn't point you to a local user group (at the very least) or to a student that might want a challenge.

      Like I mentioned on my other blog, if you can't find anyone that's willing to try (or they want to charge an unreasonable amount), I'd be willing to give it a go. I've done this more than a few times over the years - gee, almost 30 years in computers now, one way or another - how time flies when you're not always having fun. That's sort of depressing somehow... Anyway, sometimes I have success, sometimes not - depends on what happened to the drive. It would still cost to ship the drive, but other than that, I'm cheap (as in free).

      I don't know how close you are to Greeley, but there is a user group having a general meeting there on 9/8/2012. http://www.cugg.org/meetings.htm#general
      (Colorado User Group Of Greeley ). They might know somebody local to recommend. If it's too far, maybe you could call/e-mail them.

      Either way, good luck. And if you don't get your data back, sometimes a fresh start is good!

      Delete
    4. Wow, Avery! Now I missed that post in your other blog, but I am keeping you in mind. I have gotten to the point where I am ready to move on, but that does mean leaving stuff behind...so what can it hurt, right? Someone could totally lose all the data on that thing, and I'd be in no different place than I am now. I am going to try to contact that other group up here. I probably won't be able to hit a meeting up there, but perhaps an email will get me somewhere. :)

      Delete

Hi Friends! Comment moderation is on because of spam. But be assured, I'm online often and your comment won't go unnoticed for long.

...Down with Spammers! :D