Monday, November 5, 2012

Day Five of Nano

Still writing.
Actually got out of the house yesterday and stopped in at a bookstore that was having a Write In. Boy, was it quiet there!

There's only one thing I'm worried about... at the writing forum I belong to online, they have Daily Challenges. Nothing extensive, just a quick 5 min or less task. For example, describe your antagonist in 1 or 2 sentences.

So far, those daily tasks have made me question one thing...

How good is this story! LOL :D Ack!

When they asked me to describe the antagonist, I sat for a minute and thought, "Do I even have an antagonist?" When they asked about the protagonists goal, and I wrote, "Sam returns home to raise her daughter in the peace and quiet of her small town home."

...and then I yawned! hahaha.

We shall see. there is plenty of tension for this young lady...and of course there is Morgan. Who looks a little like Jude Law, only bigger, a little beefier, and probably a little hairier, because I think guys should have body hair! At least a little, for crying out loud!


4 comments:

  1. LOL I agree about the body hair! A write in at a bookstore sounds SO cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was cool, Jessica! They aren't even usually opened on Sunday, and the place is a small indepedent bookstore. Very cool.

      Delete
  2. I think those exercises are helpful to find what's missing so you can flesh it out. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the truth! i ended up writing The Past as the antagonist... if I need to flesh it out a bit, that will definitely happen. It's bound to happen anyway.

      Delete

Hi Friends! Comment moderation is on because of spam. But be assured, I'm online often and your comment won't go unnoticed for long.

...Down with Spammers! :D