Friday, December 21, 2012

Listen to it...

What are you listening to right now?

Me? Jim Croce. Okay, it happens to have a Christmas theme--It Doesn't Have to Be That Way, which is appropriate. Wouldn't matter, though. I love to listen to Jim Croce sing.

I'm often inspired by music, titles, themes...

The Guardian Angel story I'm writing has been aptly named One Heartbeat in the Darkness, which is a line from a Darius Rucker song, True Believers. I wrote a story and called it Shake the Sugar Tree for a while...it's now called 'Til Death do Us Part.

I hear songs on the radio...and get inspired.

What about you? Do you write to music?


4 comments:

  1. Ah, Jim Croce...

    He was gone before you were born (I had just escaped from high school when he died).

    I still have an old song book of his music somewhere - I used to play "Operator" and "Time In A Bottle" on my old Kay guitar way back when.

    Sometimes I get inspiration from songs, but mostly from ones I write. Not that they're that good, but they often start as poems and end up as songs (or the other way around).


    BTW, all you other folks out there reading these blogs, you can add to the conversation, too. We know you're out there! (It won't hurt a bit.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is definitely a favorite from hearing him as a kid. :)
      Yay! a song writer, too. I'm not surprised.

      Delete
  2. Typically I don't.
    But I love to COOK with music. :)

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes! Me too, Jennifer. Especially breakfast.
      I love throwing Pandora on after church and making pancakes, eggs, biscuits, fruit salad...or whatever. Great time of day to have a little music going.

      Delete

Hi Friends! Comment moderation is on because of spam. But be assured, I'm online often and your comment won't go unnoticed for long.

...Down with Spammers! :D