Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Admitting is HALF

I've heard that admitting something is half the battle...
Well, here it goes.

I HATE BLOGGING!! 
[that's Largest font, Helvetica, because Helvetica has the word hell in it]

I honestly don't know what to do about this dilemma of mine. But you can expect soon, sometime around the new year, that I might change things up again. I know I need a real webpage, and that is my goal--a money oriented goal--so, I think 2014 will be the year of the webpage for Bethanne Strasser. 

I try. I really do, but I don't have the passion to keep up!! Some people LOVE to blog, and they do it with effort yet so smoothly. Whereas, I flounder, look for resolutions, start again, flounder...etc. I think it's a sign that I need to figure something else out. So, bare with me...no wait. That's not right! Bear with me! I'm determined to get through the year on this blog. :D

And then, we'll see...

4 comments:

  1. It sounds like you've reached that "point." The one where blogging takes away more time from "real" writing than what it gives in return. A web page can be that way, too, but it often only needs small updates to keep it current.

    Blogging does take a bit of effort since each post it like a tiny story in itself. I have noticed that many authors have both a web site and a blog, but the blog doesn't get updated as much. Although you can have pages on Blogger (and other blogging platforms), blogging is more linear, like Twitter on steroids. A web site (you'll end up with more than just a page) is more hierarchical – a way to divide information about yourself and your writing.

    I guess you have to figure out what info you want to put on line and how you want it displayed – then decide which one works best.

    Plus, you're on more than one blog (HSG) and Twitter and Facebook. That's a lot to keep up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, the truth is, I've met some great people, blogging for as long as I have. But, at this point, I do see followers around in other spots, too. :)

      We'll see. I think part of my issue right now is coming off summer, no new writing, and no new writing in the foreseeable future. I want to write, all the time. I don't want all these other tasks getting in the way. Half the time I sit down, I'm checking my email, facebooking, and thinking of how/what/when to blog and get my name out there. But if I get out there and then have nothing to give, well the getting out there will have been pointless!! :D LOL

      Must write.

      Delete
  2. It can be difficult to keep a blog going, and to come up with new content on a regular basis. Which is probably one of the reasons I started participating in three or four weekly memes. I recently posted by 300th Thursday Thirteen, and lately have been struggling more frequently with ideas. And sometimes I have the ideas, just not the time needed to put them together. And sometimes a bit of a break, a few days completely unplugged from the Internet, can be a huge help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just started blogging and already I feel like I'm falling behind. I've got more drafts then real posts at this point. Don't give up.

    ReplyDelete

Hi Friends! Comment moderation is on because of spam. But be assured, I'm online often and your comment won't go unnoticed for long.

...Down with Spammers! :D