Wednesday, February 12, 2014

The author's Platform...

I think a platform is great...if you have one.
But mostly, I think people selling platforms are the ones who want to help you build it.

I know that's very cynical of me. I'm a pretty cynical person in general...
The truth is, as a reader, I don't give a flying leap what the author's platform is. I don't care if she wants to save the whales or ban all guns or whatever... I just don't care.

If she writes a good story and makes me love her characters...that's all that matters. I think readers want good books. To hell with what the author wants....

That is all... :D :D
Have a great day!!
With Love,
Beth

2 comments:

  1. I had to come back to this post and comment....

    Author platforms seem to be the rage right now. I'm not sure I have one. I don't want folks to read my stories/poems because of my personal beliefs or causes. If I was only interested in the author's platform, I wouldn't necessarily need to read their works at all. And there are a number of writers that I read in spite of their platform.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so glad you came back!! I agree with you....I hate that they are they "Rage."

      Delete

Hi Friends! Comment moderation is on because of spam. But be assured, I'm online often and your comment won't go unnoticed for long.

...Down with Spammers! :D