Friday, April 4, 2014

Fools Rush In...

...and other movies men will watch.

Does your significant other have any secret girl movies he likes to watch?

Mine loves two, Fools Rush In and Overboard [you have to watch it. It's excellent]. Why is that excellent? ...Because I want to watch it.

I think this scene from Fools Rush in is one of the favorites... he often likes to say, "...the white people are melting out here!"


Although, this is definitely a favorite scene, too...



When I wrote my book Letters From Home and the newest, unpublished WIP from the same series, I had this movie in mind. I just love the melding of these two families. The surprises, the fun, and the wee-little-bit of heartache... It's a great way to show how love can happen to anyone.

~*~*~

It's another round of the The Just Romance Me Blog Hop. Wheeehooo! Thanks for being here. And I hope you enjoy the ride. :D I'm giving away a $10 Amazon or Barnes and Noble Gift Card.

...but wait, there's more!

Just Romance Me is giving away a Kindle Paperwhite w/ Special Offers for the Grand Prize, so keep going. It's just a short skip, hop, and a jump away from the best summer of your life.

Just click the Just Romance Me BLOG HOP image on the right to get back to the hop. :D Then click Next!

27 comments:

  1. Great clips. Thanks for the chance.

    mythic021@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen that movie, but I enjoy stories where the families are involved, because it adds depth to the characters...and it's fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah! you must try to catch it then, Alee. It's a great movie.

      Delete
  3. Enjoyed watching the movie clips, must admit I have never watched this movie. It looks like a fun movie.
    skpetal at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't seen this movie. my boyfriend doesn't see romantic movies but he watches with me disney fairytales. elena-k84@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this one!
    popoki.livsey@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved this movie and the ending was the best didn't care for it ending on the damn in Vegas giving Birth but they both are great actors..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by, everyone. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. My husband LOVES The Princess Bride!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A classic. Great movie!!! I used to have an avatar with the young Fred Savage on it, sitting in bed, and on it was written, "Is this a kissing book?"

      Perfect for us romance writers. :D

      Delete
  9. I haven't seen the movie, but I would like too!! Thanks for sharing the clips!

    ReplyDelete
  10. THE GIRL ON THE BRIDGE (quirky French film) is my favorite romantic movie!

    Trix, vitajex(at)aol(Dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Overboard is the best film ever!! Its sooo funny! As you said anyone who hasn't seen it should! I have never seen Fools Rush In, but I will definitely watch it now. :)

    sjoakham at hotmail dot co dot uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've never seen Fools Rush In, but Overboard is one of my favorites. Goldie Hawn needs to make more movies!
    marvelgirl63@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Does the Princess Bride count? My husband is really not into chick flicks at all. He usually likes to watch some freaky horror flick while I am trying to write romance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's true. my hubby has to be in a certain mood. Usually he likes to watch stuff like...the Boondock Saints or anything with Jason Stratham. LOL :D

      Delete
  14. I love Fools rush in! It is one of those movies I will stop everything I'm doing and sit down to watch again... for the nth time. It also happens to be the 1st song my husband and I danced to at our wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice videos

    bn100candg at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I thought Fools Rush In was a good movie. But I think Overboard is my favorite of the two.

    samanthahodges64 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for sharing the clips... Overboard is one of my favorite movies... I haven't watched it in a while... Just might have to do that tonight. Thank you for being part of the hop.

    j.m.platt83@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for the clips! I enjoyed this movie too!

    gogi1_2 AT yahoo DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've not seen Fools Rush in, but love the clips. Might have to go hunt it out.Loved Overboard!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That is a great movie! It cracks me up almost the whole way through! I love when his parents show up surprisingly and mistake her for the maid. Lol.
    Thanks for sharing. :)
    trb0917 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  21. My DH does have a movie he likes but I can't remember the name of it. It's from teh 80s or 90s.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Forgot my email. Sorry!
    diamer13@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

Hi Friends! Comment moderation is on because of spam. But be assured, I'm online often and your comment won't go unnoticed for long.

...Down with Spammers! :D